Your SIM cards can now be registered with Smart, TNT, Globe, TM, GOMO, and DITO. Beginning on December 27, 2022, the SIM Card Registration ...
Your SIM cards can now be registered with Smart, TNT, Globe, TM, GOMO, and DITO. Beginning on December 27, 2022, the SIM Card Registration Act, or RA 11934, will require all SIM card users, both current and new, to register their SIM cards with their respective telecommunications providers.
The SIM Card Registration Act applies to all local SIM cards, including eSIMs. Within 180 days of the law's going into effect, all SIM card owners must register their devices.
How to register your prepaid SIM cards from Smart, TNT, Globe, TM, and DITO
The telcos have outlined their respective methods for registering SIM cards. Luckily, they all have the same processes, with some minor differences. Here’s how to do it.
1. Go to your respective telco’s SIM card registration website.
Smart and TNT: https://simreg.smart.com.ph/
Globe and TM: https://new.globe.com.ph/simreg or via Globe One app starting Jan. 2023
DITO: https://dito.ph/sim-registration / via the DITO app
2. Enter your 10-digit mobile number (ex. 9191234567) and click the “Register” button.
3. If your SIM card is eligible for registration, you will be sent a One Time PIN (OTP) text message on your phone.
> For those with Mobile Prepaid Pocket WiFi or Home Prepaid WiFi devices, you would need to enter your device’s modem dashboard to access the inbox where you can find the OPT text message.
> Smart Bro subscribers can go here for instructions on viewing the OTP. Meanwhile, Globe at Home Prepaid WiFi users can refer here for instructions on how to view the OTP.
4. Enter the OTP on the registration website. Take note that OTPs have an expiration date.
5. Once your OTP has been validated, you can continue with the registration.
6. Enter all the needed information: Full name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, and Nationality.
7.You will be asked to upload a valid ID and a selfie photo (as a declaration that the ID presented is valid and correct). For the list of accepted valid IDs, go here.
8. You can also add your contact number and email address. This is optional.
9. Double-check all information.
10. Tick the check box of the telco’s privacy notice, Attestation of Completeness and Accuracy, and marketing and promotional permission (optional).
11. Finish the registration process.
12. You will be given a reference number that will appear on your screen to signify the completion of registration. Keep this reference number as proof of registration.
13. You will also receive an SMS message that says they have successfully received your SIM registration form.
How to sign up for a Smart Postpaid SIM card.
Subscribers to the Smart postpaid service only need to confirm the identification documents and personal data they provided when applying for the postpaid plan.
Just text YES to 5858 to complete this. After a successful SIM registration, Smart will send you a confirmation message.
How to sign up for a Globe Postpaid SIM card.
According to Globe, all Postpaid subscribers are already registered. If Globe needs more details to match your registration information, they will get in touch with you.
How to activate your prepaid SIM card from GOMO
New GOMO subscribers can complete the same registration process via the GOMO app, but they risk criminal prosecution if they provide any fictitious or false information.
Existing GOMO customers are regarded as registered as of the moment an account was made in the GOMO app using truthful and accurate information. If you need to update your information, including your current government ID, they will let you know.
For customers of Smart Bro and Globe at-home prepaid WiFi
The procedure for registering is the same. To obtain your OTP, you must, however, log in to your device's modem dashboard.
Subscribers to Smart Bro can access instructions for viewing the OTP here. Users of Globe at Home Prepaid WiFi can refer to this page for instructions on how to view the OTP in the interim.
Accepted IDs for SIM card registration
Philippine Identification Card
Firearms License to Own and Possess ID
Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
Overseas Workers Welfare and Administration ID
Senior Citizen’s Card
Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card
Other valid government-issued ID with photo
Your SIM card is now registered. For each of your SIM cards, the entire procedure must be followed.